Starting a business is such an exciting and scary adventure. Being a small business ourselves we understand the time, hard work and continuous faith that goes into keeping your dream alive. We celebrate small businesses once a week on our show by having local small business owners as guests to promote their companies and have a little fun with us.
Today on InTheMix we are joined by Kathryn owner of Lundeens and her store manager Maggie. We asked all about how her gift shop was started, what conflicts she faced opening a brick and mortar and what she wants for Valentines day while making a sweet margarita with twist of love.
1. Develop a Powerful Message - What customer problem are you solving.
2. Focus on the Customer and Fully Understand Them - Master marketing/sales.
3. Start Small and Grow - Self fund and develop a growth story before getting loans.
4. Understand Your Own Skills - Understand when you need to bring in others to help in certain areas.
5. Surround Yourself With Mentors - No one person can have all the knowledge needed to be successful.
6. Write a Business Plan - Having a written plan with your projected results and personal goals is the best way to stay on track.
7. Know Your Numbers - Have a good grasp on your sales, gross margins, profits, cash flow, and the specific metrics associated with your business.
8. Understand there are no entitlements - You will have to work hard for your success.
9. Be Passionate About Your Business - From big successes to large let downs, if you’re not fueled by passion at every step of the way your job becomes that much harder.
“Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” –Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO
The day of love is quickly approaching, serve this margarita at any event this February and be everyone's favorite Valentine.
Thank you for joining us this week! Good luck to all you future entrepreneurs. See ya next time.
All the jewelry shown can be found on rafiajewelry.com.